Sunday, October 2, 2011



There's something I've been thinking about for some time.  Maybe it's because I feel my weight loss is going slower than it should be...but I am losing about 1.5 pounds/week on average, and I do know that is perfect.  BUT I'M RUNNING SO MUCH.  

So, I chatted with a trainer.  She wanted to know everything about my diet, habits, sleeping, drinking, running...everything.  Two words.  Resistance training.  She said you "can lose weight with only cardio, but it is much slower and you probably won't like your body too much".   So I asked her about the 30 Day Shred (by Jillian Michaels) ...she said that would be perfect!  So...I shredded, twice.  It was hard, yes, but did not kill me.  I'm ok with that.  Oh, and this resistance training goes along with my running.  

So, after much thinking, and for the first time - EVER...I'm going to take my measurements and track my changes in actual places on my body.  Maybe taking some focus off the scale?  I'm thinking as much as I'd love a 2 pound loss, I'd be pretty freaking stoked to see my measurements shrinking.   Do you track your measurements?  Why or why not?   Should I?   Should you? 

3 comments:

  1. I don't track my measurements, but since I've started running, I can see things changing. I haven't lost or gained any weight, but I fit into a smaller size dress pants. On the flipside, I'm pretty sure my thighs are bigger, which is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flex your thighs, I bet there's some killer muscles there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the fact that you found the Shred hard but not 'killing' tells me you're getting fit! Good job! And I think measurements are a good idea, maybe if I'd done that I would have seen my progress and not fallen off the wagon this year.

    ReplyDelete