Wednesday, February 8, 2012

wərk it

Soooooo, about that "weigh-in" day.  I'd kind of like to just pretend it's not here, but it is here, and I did weigh-in.  *&^%$#@!


A body's relative mass or the quantity of matter contained by it, giving rise to a downward force; the heaviness of a person or thing.

I'm not fretting too much about my weigh-in today.  My body is changing, I SEE it changing.  I'll sometimes often get stuck admiring myself in the bathroom mirror... some of my former blobs of fat are now thin(er) or gone.  (admiring is a very strong word!)  It's rewarding to see some results of all of my hard work, all of the miles that I have been running, all of the weights that I have tugged and pushed and pulled.  My shoulders are developing some nice definition, my thighs are (a teeny bit) more muscular...but I am thinking .... can I work harder


Activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

Werk it!!  Of course I can work harder.  It hit me like a ton of donuts yesterday that I need to work harder on my three mile runs.  I really want to run a faster mile, but it's not going to be granted to me like a wish with pink fairy dust and a sparkly magic wand.  I have TO EARN THAT FASTER MILE.   So, yesterday, I ran  And this week, I'm going to work harder and next Wednesday, I'm going to hit the 50 pounds lost mark.  Because, more than I love a goal, I love crushing them.

Oh yeah, I was up 1.6 pounds this week.  *shakes fist at Super Bowl* 

1 comment:

  1. I love that it hit you like a ton of donuts. You are SO funny. And wise. You're right, all the rewards aren't going to be gifted to you. That's something I've got to remember! Great post.....