Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dam to Dam

Look out Des Moines, here I come. 
This time I'll be toting my running gear because I have registered for the Dam to Dam 20K


This will be my second race this year, my first one is IN 30 DAYS!  People, I'm going to have two race medals...pinch me!!  I'm hoping for two more medals this year.  I'm eyeballing the Omaha Half which is in October, and I need another one, something within 3 hours of Omaha is preferred, but Chicago is definitely an option because my family lives there.  I'd also consider Detroit if my niece and sister will run a 5K and there is a half option for me.  *hint hint*  

Here are some of the details on the race.
  • 20 Kilometer start will be in the middle of Saylorville Dam and travel over the Center Street Bridge, an awe inspiring view of downtown Des Moines.
  • Runner Technical shirts will be styled for each gender. Available in Passion Pink & Agave Blue for females and Navy & Gold for males. 
  • Special drawstring backpack for all 20K & 5K runners in Pink, Royal, Blue and Black. A great bag for race day and all year long.
  • Not to be forgotten 20K runners receive Nike socks, 20K finishers receive finisher medals, free poster for everyone and the award winning results booklet.
Just some of the swag this race is offering.  I'm hoping a few friends will do this race too, would love to do a meet-up or tweet-up later that night.  It's no secret that I can go from running shoes to heels in about 2.2 seconds!  

What and when is your next race?

7 comments:

  1. I'm emailing you a Choicago race you (WE) should do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it! It is a possibility! Have you considered the RocknRoll Half?

      Delete
  2. wow, you go girl! That's so awesome, looks like a fun race, too. You never know, I might be up for the 5k challenge, that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that at this moment you are searching for races around Detroit, aren't you? :)

      Delete
  3. I'm seriously impressed by everything you've accomplished in such a short period of time. You're awesome Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Daniel. I look forward to following your healthy lifestyle changes! (and ty for the email, that meant TONS to me).

      Delete
  4. Another inspiring post! I hope you (and Erin) do Chicago but even Detroit would be good. Maybe I could 5K with your niece and sister - yeah right. Anyway, you go! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete