Thursday, March 22, 2012

whose legs are these and "my sport, is your sport's punishment"

My legs want to run.  This is the strangest phenomenon to me.  MY legs are being quite bossy and telling me to do more than my wimpy mind tells me to do, this is good, right?  I'm sitting here right now and when I think of running, I feel a sort of energy run through my legs.  Whose legs are these and where did mine go?

I'm having all sorts of crazy things happen and additionally, some crazy thoughts, lately.  I'll share some, ok?

I'm thinking of running 13 miles on Saturday.  On those hills.  THOSE hills, you know which ones I'm talking about.  The thing is, my half training says to run eight, but I feel like I need to do another 12+ run before my half marathon.  This will give me more confidence and it can't hurt.   (I'm going to name this run "Hills to Lincoln")  bestnameever.

I ran 8 miles in the rain twice this week.  Legit rain.  You know the rain that has you running with a newspaper-over-your-hair as you run from your car to get inside?  THAT rain.  "Oh, hi, it's raining....I'm going for a run."  It was pretty awesome, I won't lie.  I also won't lie and say that I prefer a non-rain run.

I discovered a fantastic podcast...man, I love you Dailymile people.  Dailymile is like Facebook for runners/workout people...athletes?  I mean, they're athletes for sure.  The podcast is Phedippidations ...I'm telling you, I'm addicted.  (Thank you, Jan!!)  The guy makes me laugh and learn and forget that I'm running....kind of.  Thankfully, he has over 300 podcasts that I haven't heard, so I'm looking forward to hearing what he has and that also means, I have a lot of running in my future, and that's pretty cool.

I have to tell you what I heard on my run yesterday via this super cool podcast.  It blew my mind to pieces, made me smile and think...THIS IS SO TRUE.

"Running is not for everyone, but for you ballplayers of baskets, foot, bases and all, my sport, is your sport's punishment".   

Think about that.  Suicides for basketball?  I remember a nightmare drill we used to do in HS softball.  Starting at home, you run to first, then back to home, then over first to second, then back to home...you get the idea.  What is the name of that drill??  I'll take "softball drills from hell" for $200, Alex.

I have more crazy doings but those include eating beefaroni, cap'n crunch and a peanut butter cup all in one day.  I won't bore you with those little details.  Ooops, and wine, too.



.






2 comments:

  1. Another twelve miler? You're a machine! I kind of wish I would've had time for another ten before my half, but it is what it is. You're going to kill it, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lori. I know you're out there running now and I know how great you're going to feel when you get done. I love that you've found Dailymile and a Podcast that really help. It's awesome that these tools make such a difference for you although I know you'd still be rocking it out even without them. Keep up the great work. Oh, and don't stress over the bad food day. Everybody has one once in a while... mine was yesterday too. lol

    ReplyDelete