Thursday, October 13, 2011




 For now...I am home.  What a fantastic little trip that was!  That was SO good for my soul on so many levels.  Where do I begin?  Well, first off....  the running...was amazing.  My sister, Beth, recommended a gorgeous trail close to her home...and the weather couldn't have possibly been more 'fallish' and perfect and warm and bright and windy and absolutely perfect.  The weather was amazing EVERY-SINGLE-DAY.  The trail?   3 miles of sand, some slight hills, a little boardwalk, a little sidewalk, falling leaves...and hello?  I had a running partner!  I really love running with someone.  Again, perfect.

The eating?  Not so perfect.  I had wine (duh), a few donuts (omg), meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes, taco freaking salad (dying), and so many delicious things my sister's friends dropped off.  She is so blessed to have so many wonderful friends.  I really have no regrets on the food, well...maybe I should have had more?  HA.

Then?  I'm going back!  Monday morning, bright and early...well, not bright, it's actually pretty much in the middle of the night, but I'm returning and cannot wait... for?  Baby holding, toddler playing, sister chatting, mom hugging, wine sipping, and more running on that amazing trail.

Cannot wait.

3 comments:

  1. I would go back with you if I could! Enjoy that trail and kiss it for me. I miss it already. Make sure you give kisses from Aunt T to all the babies- I miss being at Babytown! P.S. move to CO and we'll run everyday. kthanksloveyoubye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! One of these days, I AM going to go west instead of east and we'll conquer the trails in Colorado! How fun would that be?? And, I will definitely be passing out extra baby kisses for you, my pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great having you and T and Tessa here! And you worked so hard - from landscaping to laundry to nannying. What a great help you were! And I love that you loved your mama's cooking. ;) I can't wait 'til you get back.

    ReplyDelete