Monday, September 26, 2011

Lunch...because I'm not a 'turkey sandwich' every day kinda gal




 hardest part of this?  Cutting up the veggies.  Just cut the veggies, it's SO WORTH IT.


Water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, baby bella mushrooms, broccoli, red onion over a half a cup of whole grain rice, seasoned with fat free italian dressing (measured of course).  Oh, and shrimp!  A long time ago, I decided to no longer purchase 'Smart Ones' or anything of that nature.  Too dang expensive.  I realized since I was not working, I'd create my own 'Weight Watchers friendly meals'....and I'm loving it.  Total points plus value = six!


recipe:
1/4 cup small shrimp, cooked, peeled, de-tailed and deveined
1/2 cup Uncle Ben's whole grain rice (I love the boil in a bag, and then I just keep it 'ready' in the fridge.)
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
sugar snap peas - all you want
broccoli - all you want
mushrooms - all you want
red onion - all you want
water chestnuts - all you want
green pepper - all you want

(get the idea with the veggies?  GO CRAZY!)

in a small frying pan, add olive oil and garlic...dump in your shrimp, dump in all of your veggies, drizzle 2 tablespoons fat free italian dressing, lightly cover, cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes and tossing every minute or so...and you're done.  Serve over bed of rice and then drizzle another tablespoon of dressing and enjoy!

2 comments: